Friday, May 6, 2011

L.A. Freeways

People who complain about the Henday or Whitemud traffic have nothing to complain about. We spent about 2 hours on the freeways here today. Miles and miles of concrete, 12 lanes wide, at 65 mph! It amazes me that there are not more accidents.
We spent the better part of the day at Universal Studios. Being a Friday, the place was quiet, and we never really stood in line long. Our favourite was the Simpsons ride. Too funny.
I must say that Kimberly did very well today. Was she weak? Yes, but she walked easily twice as far as Wednesday; and she is still awake now!
Just one more day in Sunny California. I think we will take it easy tomorrow with a little shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Darren & Kimberly,
    Thank you for sharing your journey. My husband told me about your blog as he went to highschool with Darren. My dad was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago and it has progressed very quickly. He and my mom travelled to Poland last August for CCSVI. He ended up with a stent and was doing wonderfully until just before Christmas when his stent collapsed. Almost all of his symptoms returned within a couple weeks. It's encouraging to know that there is somewhere closer to home to receive treatment.
    Where in LA did Kimberly go?
    Thanks again for sharing!
    Brandy Rooks in Hinton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, looks like you made it down there ok, so that's good. Kimberly, I hope you're feeling better soon. It was great to see you all last weekend. Jason Sterling

    ReplyDelete